Where are you, Malaysia Airlines MH370 ?

I usually wake up late on mornings, & hastily scrabble around my bedside to check if I've recieved any Whatsapp messages from the night before. And then, I usually check Twitter immediately. So that morning of Saturday the 8th March 2014, I woke up as usual, and grabbed my phone to check "what's new". 

What I didn't know was that I was going to be greeted by the words "malaysia airline missing", that was trending at the top.


I don't think I've been this jittery or disturbed since 9/11 occurred, & I think this was partly due to my attachment to Malaysia; I've started calling it my own. So I took to my close friend, the Internet. Never before have I refreshed my Twitter feed so desperately- & that too, 24/7 ; never before have I so anxiously visited an airliner's official website for press statements; never before have I Googled so many news websites; never before have I switched so quickly between news channels- just to know where this Boeing 777 could have…disappeared off to. 

Yet scrolling through Twitter & various other forums, I kept coming across people posting messages like "Why can't they just find a plane?!" or "Jeez, how long does it take to find a missing jetliner…". I think it's hugely disrespectful and rude to judge people/ authorities like that; the oceans and seas are so vast, that it gives me goosebumps just thinking about the possibilities of MH370 being submerged. Why don't you try assembling armies, ships and rescue teams and then scouring a 3.5 million square-metre, nearing 6000+ metres deep ocean? Easier said than done, isn't it? Plus, people will speculate, people will spread rumours- including ones they themselves make up. The worst part is to believe everything what everyone is saying, so go to reliable news sources (Sorry, Daily Mail).

Beautiful. Sooo much love, from the other side of the globe. Thank you, Sudarshan Patnaik from India! <3

Every team the media flashes a photo of the passengers' families or relatives crying their hearts out, it breaks me a little bit more inside. I can't imagine what they must be going through since the past few days, & the worst part is having constant cameras going off in your face when you just want some peace of mind. Have some respect and give these families their privacy, guys. 

But people need to stop blaming each other. I'm so fed up of this blame-game that people are playing, especially on social media. And this is for you in particular, China. MAS didn't cause this terrifying thing to occur; it's nobody's fault. It just occurred- & that's called fate. I know your families are tired, worried & beyond terrified- so are many Malaysians' over here, because going through such a thing is unimaginable. But MAS, & all other police forces are doing the best they can do & investigations take time. So lashing around & taking out your anger on MAS staff/ Malaysian government isn't going to help the situation. Everybody needs to support each other.

And lastly, there's my imagination- my slightly warped, slightly mad imagination. So in my wildest imagination, the 239 passengers have been taken hostage on some remote island- but they're safe, & waiting to be rescued. Just like the TV show Lost. And I know many people would wish for the same fantasy- just for these 239 people, to be safe, wherever they are. Like a friend of mine said, "what's worse than losing a loved one is, not knowing their fate." And that's where prayers and faith can bring so many people closer. Don't hold grudges, and thank god for your blessings every second of the day. It could have happened to anyone

But so many questions, so little answers. I'm going to keep believing in my little fantasy of the remote island for you, MH370, and your 239 passengers. I'm praying for you, & so is Malaysia. Because prayers don't go unanswered. 

Balik kampung oreddy, MH370.

Comments

Popular Posts